Effect send level odd behavior

How to use MultiTrack DAW
anfirmor

Effect send level odd behavior

Post by anfirmor »

Could anyone verify the following please.

When reverb and echo are turned off in the master output section I've noticed that the track send knobs still influence the tracks level (without effect). This seems a little counter intuitive. Surely if the effects are off there should be nothing returning from the effects section. I've never really liked the Wet/Dry knob in the master effects section being as it's a send effect routing. Why would you want to mix some dry signal back into the mix on a send. I can see why for an insert effect. It just makes me wonder what's happening re signal paths here.

Could we have a signal routing map posted?

thanks
pwnified

Re: Effect send level odd behavior

Post by pwnified »

anfirmor wrote:Why would you want to mix some dry signal back into the mix on a send.
The idea was that once you get the track sends dialed, you could change the overall effect blend without having to go back into each track and adjust the send. But that doesn't answer the exact question, the reason was that there are at least 2 effects, that can be reordered. The the second bus effect in the chain needs to work with some dry signal as well, if desired.
anfirmor wrote:Could we have a signal routing map posted?
That's a good request. I had a hand draw map (very complex, actually), I'll try to work up something electronic and post it up.
anfirmor

Re: Effect send level odd behavior

Post by anfirmor »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try and get my head around that. I think I must be too set in my ways.