No volume from Yeti

How to use MultiTrack DAW
bpedit

No volume from Yeti

Post by bpedit »

I've connecter a Blue Yeti to an iPad air, iOS 8.0.2. This is through a Belkin F4U040. The Belkin outputs USB which is pigtailed into the iPad as lightning. MT seems to recognize the Yeti but, after arming, I can't get any volume and MT refuses to record.

However, when I tired this the other day, for the first time in at least a year, it worked. Next day and from then on, no deal. And, I think I had this problem in earlier use as well.

A search revealed the Belkin F4U040v is purported to work, not sure if the v makes a difference.

I've tried everything I can think of. Any help?
Thanks,
Byrne
pwnified

Re: No volume from Yeti

Post by pwnified »

Apologies for the delay, bpedit. That's a strange problem, I would suspect the hub first, and also check other apps running in the background that might be conflicting. When you say you can't get any volume, does that mean it records, but playback volume is low? Certain older versions of iOS have a bug with measurement mode, try turning that off (Settings app -> MultiTrack -> Measurement Mode -> OFF)
bpedit

Re: No volume from Yeti

Post by bpedit »

Thanks for the reply. Subsequent to the first use, there is no volume at all. MT will not record, does not respond to a touch of the Play button with the track armed and the Record button active. But MT does show the Yeti as the selected input. The issue occurs for all the listed Yeti options.

I suspect you might be right about the hub judging from a few other posts.

Thanks,
Byrne