transferring projects to new iPad

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Frank

transferring projects to new iPad

Post by Frank »

I have upgraded to a 5th generation iPad from my original 2nd generation iPad because it has more RAM. I am trying to get my projects from the second generation to the 5th generation iPad. I have looked all over the Forum and cannot find anything about it.
Any help? Thanks!
pwnified

Re: transferring projects to new iPad

Post by pwnified »

Hi Frank,

One way is to backup the old device and 'restore from backup' onto the new one, but if you don't want to do that, the next easiest way is to use iTunes File Sharing from a computer to access the Shared Documents folder on the old device and drag the song project folders out to your desktop. Then, zip them, and drag them to the new device. How to use iTunes File Sharing: http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=195

Also you can zip the songs directly on the device and then Airdrop them to the new device. To do this, Long-Touch the song icon until it begins to shake, then tap the 'zip' subicon in the upper corner. After the song is archived to the zip file, Long-Touch this zipped file and tap the 'Sharing' subicon, you'll then be able to shared this zipped song to your other device just like any other Airdropped file. Once you accept the file on the new device it should ask you what app to open the zip with, choose multitrack. Then it will appear in the multitrack songs screen, tap to unzip, then delete the zip.
Frank

Re: transferring projects to new iPad

Post by Frank »

Thanks! I did the total restore from old to new iPad... Took awhile but worked perfect.. Now I'm loving the faster iPad...