iRig Bleed

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Grbmusic

iRig Bleed

Post by Grbmusic »

I just started using the iPad version of Amplitube. I have been using the iPhone version for a while now and wasn't having any problems with bleeding. I got an email back from IK Multimedia about the iPad bleeding problem and was told that it was an issue with the headphone jack and irig interface. they say it's a problem they're working. Nothing really on how to fix it. I was upset that I had to purchase a new copy for my iPad but they need to make their money I guess.

Anyway. When I would load a drum track it would sound fine. The meter read in the red but it did that on the iPhone as well. Once I started recording guitar parts and playing them back that's when I would here the bleed from either the guitar effects bleeding into the drums or the drums bleeding into the guitar track.

I found a fix that seems to work. And I'm sure others have done it also, but lowering the input and output under the setup portion I found the bleeding a lot less. The hot signal from guitar and drums was causing a bleed I remember from recording on old tape four tracks.

I'm going to mess with it a little more and hopefully find a happy medium. Hope this helps. Any other products for iPad that are similar to Amplitube I'd love to hear about.
pwnified

Re: iRig Bleed

Post by pwnified »

The Ampkit Link has a built-in amplifier (takes batteries), which allows you to turn down the output on the iPhone. This will reduce bleed from the noisy headset input, it's a much better product than that iRig. But to reduce bleed completely, use a doc connector interface.