Problem with Emailing

How to use MultiTrack DAW
glennotf

Problem with Emailing

Post by glennotf »

Hello. I tried emailing a .wav mixdown to myself and it just keeps trying to send, never succeeding. I think I closed the app as it was emailing, and then reopened it. Have you heard of this issue? If so, do you know what to do to stop the iPhone from continuously trying to send it? Thanks.

Glenn
pwnified

Re: Problem with Emailing

Post by pwnified »

Hi Glenn,

Try opening the Mail app and see what is in the outbox. If it's still sending it may take a long time to finish, depending on the network connection speed. I don't know if Apple has a way of canceling an email send currently in progress. Unfortunately email also has some file size limitations, 15MB is the max that can be sent as an email attachment. The song will be truncated if it more than that (if its wav). You can also use compression if the file is too big, currently ogg compression is supported, and more compression options are planned for a future release.

Thanks
glennotf

Re: Problem with Emailing

Post by glennotf »

Thanks.

Just after posting, I deleted the email account, waited 20 minutes (not sure if that helped) and then re-entered the account. That killed the repeated resending. It wasn't that it was taking a long time to finish as the initial send attempt was two days ago! :)

I don't think it was a file size issue, either, because I tried sending it yesterday, after having added considerably more music, and it worked fine and was only 12MB. Maybe it was just a gremlin or something. Thought I'd share it here, just in case.

BTW...OMG, I love this application. I kiss your feet.

Glenn