Apps that support audio copy/paste to clipboard

How to use MultiTrack DAW
timp

Apps that support audio copy/paste to clipboard

Post by timp »

Hi,
I am looking for music apps that support audio copy/paste to clipboard, especially for making beats and pasting them to MultiTrack. Of course, there is beatmaker, but I would like something with less features and a lower price.

As for synths, I found NLog Synth. Great little synth, a almost full featured free version, full version with copy/paste for 3,99€

Adding to the list is highly welcome :D

beatmaker http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/beatmake ... 12415?mt=8
NLog Synth free http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/nlog-fre ... 34854?mt=8
Nlog Synth http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/nlog-syn ... 02121?mt=8
jorgren

Re: Apps that support audio copy/paste to clipboard

Post by jorgren »

Nlog is excellent - I love the chord arpeggiator (very Orb-like). For drums, I like DrumTrack8. For jamming, ThumbJam is awesome. I wasn't very happy with Megasynth (sequencer is broken), DopplerPad (synth engine is terrible), AudioView (just too buggy), or FourTrack (Multitrack is infinitely better in every possible way). Argon is a gorgeous sounding synth, and has copy/paste, but it records only a few seconds (useless) so I have to record through the earbud output, into my computer, and for the amount of hassle, I'd stick with Nlog.
timp

Post by timp »

Thank you jorgren!
DrumTrack8 is exactly what I was looking for. And ThumbJam IS a really great app. Combined with MultiTrack, these will keep me awake all night :)
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Yeah, pretty much. And just wait 'til you start importing your own samples into DrumTrack8 and ThumbJam. You will never sleep.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Here is the official BeatMaker approved list:

http://code.google.com/p/intua-audio-sh ... atibleApps

I can't comment on app quality (some of them are of questionable quality), but can say that Thumbjam, DrumTrack8, NLog mentioned are excellent, and of course BeatMaker, which is the amazing app that started this whole thing. Jasuto Pro is also fun to play around with (not listed but has copy/paste support)
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

I started with Beatmaker, and lots of people love it, but for me, Multitrack DAW is a much closer fit to my way of working. I can't squash all of my ideas into 4-bar snippets, and it's extremely awkward to do anything like a melodic line in Beatmaker.

Jasuto is cool because it's a bit like my beloved Reaktor, but it has a few problems that keep it from being something I use regularly. It's very tricky to control connectivity among modules, and to set the strength of influence one module has on another. Maintaining tuning, or setting anything to real-world values such as pitch are very very difficult. It has a little one-octave keyboard which just isn't wide enough. Also, if you are doing anything as conventional as a sequence of notes, it forces a glide (portamento) which seems to be mandatory. I look forward to any future versions which fix these things though, because it's just so cool and so pretty.
iPad730

Post by iPad730 »

Apps I rock with That has the ACP

Multitrack :D
Reforge
Audio View (ACP and Global ACP) Bridges the gap between the two.
Equalizer
Bassline
Funk Box (ACP coming next update)
iSequence
Monle
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Can you rate those for us?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

BTW, Sonoma now supports the intua format as well. I just tried Morphwiz and copied audio, and pasted it directly into MultiTrack without problems.
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Cool, so we now have a common standard, and multiple vendors supporting it. I think it's time for Apple to come along and ban it.

Do I sound bitter?