Questions about iElectribe and Blue Yeti

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Huntereastin

Questions about iElectribe and Blue Yeti

Post by Huntereastin »

Hi all, new to the forum and am considering purchasing the app, but first I had a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer files from Korg's iElectribe right into Multitrack without having to upload to a desktop first? It seems counter intuitive to have to send it all to a mac or pc and then right back onto my iPad, but I realize that it may just be Korg's app that is preventing this. Making a beat and then sending it right over to the recording program would be a dream come true. Also, I checked the microphone thread and didn't see any mention of Blue Yeti compatibility. Granted, I didn't wade through all 12 pages, so I probably just missed it if it was there. Any help would be appreciated a ton!! I can't wait to start trying all of this out.
pwnified

Re: Questions about iElectribe and Blue Yeti

Post by pwnified »

The Blue Yeti has been confirmed to work with the iPad version of MultiTrack DAW. As far as inter-app file transfer, the only Apple allowed way is by copy/paste. If iElectribe adds copy functionality it would work, but as it is now it looks like they only support exporting into the iTunes shared folder, which MultiTrack doesn't support currently. So once the files are into the computer you have to use Wi-Fi to transfer them to MultiTrack. I'm working on an update that allows imports using the iTunes shared folder but it's going to be a couple weeks, judging by the current wait time for app approvals.
Huntereastin

Post by Huntereastin »

Wow, really appreciate the great info and the quick response. I am purchasing this app either way tonight as it really does seem to be the most flexible tool available for this type of thing, but I have one more quick question if you I'll enlighten me. Forgive me for sounding so green - I understand how the process works to upload files from multitrack, but how do I do the opposite? I'm relatively new to the idea of local wireless hosting. Is this an easy process?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It's really basic, there is a Wi-Fi button in MultiTrack, hit this button to display an IP address, type this address into a web browser on your computer, and everything else is pretty much self explanatory (there is a help link at the top of each songs' page). So when you hit the Wifi button, MultiTrack starts up a server which delivers pages to the browser.

Thanks and have fun