A list of what DEFINITELY works?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
ViBRATiONLANDER

Re: A list of what DEFINITELY works?

Post by ViBRATiONLANDER »

There were also reports of the Zoom H4n working on the iPad with the camera connection kit ...

I have the older Zoom model, the H4, and can confirm it works without a hitch as well.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I just had one of these delivered:

It's not very portable (weighs a few kg), but it works fantastically with the iPad and MultiTrack.

Very easy to hook a guitar or bass up (or anything else really), hook the built in USB interface to the iPad (works perfectly). You can then listen to the click track and mix it with the instrument you're recording, while recording clean to MultiTrack. You can also mix in one of the built in effects (echo, reverb, chorus etc.) to help warm up the monitor mix when recording vocals.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Awesom! I just updated the list on page 1 of this thread with your new information.
digitalpost

Post by digitalpost »

I assume you need the iPad camera kit adapter to use this mixer?
:)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

digitalpost wrote:I assume you need the iPad camera kit adapter to use this mixer?
:)
Yes!
jkevinwolfe

Post by jkevinwolfe »

The Roland Cakewalk UA-1G USB Audio Interface works with the iPad through the Apple Camera Connector. This has a headphone jack for monitoring and it works fine as well.
jkevinwolfe

Interesting observation about the Yeti

Post by jkevinwolfe »

I plugged a Yeti into the iPad today through the Camera Connector. I must say I'm impressed with the quality.

Interestingly, when I plugged a pair of 16 ohm Sennheiser CX380 earbuds into the mic's built in monitor the mic cuts off and I get a "device uses too much power" warning. But when I plug in 64 ohm Sennheiser HD280 Studio headphones, both the mic and the monitor work fine. The headphones SHOULD be drawing more power, but apparently the iPad likes them over the buds.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I think the yeti is just borderline of drawing too much power. So plugging things in when it's on, tends to cause a small power surge which is just enough to send it over the edge for a brief instant and cause the power warning. You might try plugging in the headphones first and see if that helps. Also a powered hub will eliminate the power warning.

Thanks for the info on the Roland!
jkevinwolfe

Post by jkevinwolfe »

I tried plugging the buds in later and it either kills the track while recording or cuts audio and start ticking. I assume that's the metronome. I hope that's the metronome. (Maybe I've watched too many Die Hard movies.)
iPad730

Post by iPad730 »

jkevinwolfe wrote:The Roland Cakewalk UA-1G USB Audio Interface works with the iPad through the Apple Camera Connector. This has a headphone jack for monitoring and it works fine as well.
I Might have to upgrade!"checks google" lol

:cool: