Stereo or mono question

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Rossf

Stereo or mono question

Post by Rossf »

Just to confirm-is it only possible to record in stereo or mono but not both types in the same project? Is it possible to split a stereo file of say keyboard left,delay or reverb on right into separate mono files,that way the volume and panning could be adjusted at a later stage in the mixing....
Do you think it would be possible to have an option that automatically creates two separate mono files from a stereo imput recording?
Cheers rossf
pwnified

Re: Stereo or mono question

Post by pwnified »

You can have stereo and mono tracks in the same project (song). But you can't have stereo and mono regions in the same track. It's not currently possible to split a stereo track.

I've been considering the ability to route left and right inputs into separate (mono) tracks, because with the USB audio now, it might be possible to have more that 2 inputs at once. If it pans out, maybe 4 or more simultaneous inputs all going into separate tracks. :)
Rossf

Post by Rossf »

Four inputs? I'd do your laundry for a month if you managed that! Please bear in mind that I live in Australia so it could take up to six weeks to get your laundry back! Either way it seems I backed the right horse in the iPad DAW stakes....
Good luck
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It would be great to be able to record left and right as two separate tracks.

The usage I'm thinking of is recording guitar or bass... record a DI signal in one channel and a miked up amp in the other. Then for subsequent recording, work with the amped/distorted signal - but have the DI signal for future use (reamping?) back in my DAW.
iPad730

Post by iPad730 »

pwnified wrote:It's not currently possible to split a stereo track.
Is that a code thing or an Apple thing? That would be so handy.
pwnified wrote: I've been considering the ability to route left and right inputs into separate (mono) tracks, because with the USB audio now, it might be possible to have more that 2 inputs at once. If it pans out, maybe 4 or more simultaneous inputs all going into separate tracks. :)
2 is a big plus. can't wait for that!