Cutting out a section of a track

How to use MultiTrack DAW
yep

Cutting out a section of a track

Post by yep »

Is there an easy way to cut out a section of a track? I want to cut about .5 secs of a track out.
pwnified

Re: Cutting out a section of a track

Post by pwnified »

Are ou talking about removing a section of time from a single track, or all tracks, so that all the remaining regions after the cut are moved left? This can only be done manually, you would have to clear a space and then select all the regions to the right of the cut point and move them left.

Or are you talking about "cut" the regions from a section of time and leaving blank space in it's place? We currently don't have a "cut" function (it's on the radar though).
alphadingo

Post by alphadingo »

just set up the punch in/out on that spot and then delete the resulting region. That's what I did.
yep

Post by yep »

pwnified wrote:Are ou talking about removing a section of time from a single track, or all tracks, so that all the remaining regions after the cut are moved left? This can only be done manually, you would have to clear a space and then select all the regions to the right of the cut point and move them left.

Or are you talking about "cut" the regions from a section of time and leaving blank space in it's place? We currently don't have a "cut" function (it's on the radar though).
Yes, talking about cutting let's say 5 secs out of the middle of the track & being able to snap those 2 halves together - a way to use the loop maker or similar then cut that section out, moving everything from the right of it to snap to the edit point to the left of the area.

& yes, per alphadingo, if I just wanted to "delete" a section without moving anything, I would punch in with no input signal.