Presonus AudioBox1818VSL anyone?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
bblix

Presonus AudioBox1818VSL anyone?

Post by bblix »

Hi,

I have a Presonus AudioBox1818VSL which is USB2.0 Class Compliant and comaptible with the iPad when connected through a USB hub. It works on GarageBand, but only one track at a time.

When opening MultiTrack DAW it just crashes and leaves the screen black.

Has this interface been tested?

Best,

Blix
pwnified

Re: Presonus AudioBox1818VSL anyone?

Post by pwnified »

Haven't tried that one yet, looks like it should work, I'll look into it.
peterpressure

Post by peterpressure »

Theoretically any of these should work: http://auriaapp.com/Support/auria-audio-interfaces

Your app is better though... :)
Erik dP

Post by Erik dP »

I got interested of the 4-input model of Audiobox as it is supposed to work (if I got it right). However I read that the preamps deliver around 38 V instead of 48 V and this can make mics sound bad.

Behringer is releasing a multi input interface ($250 according to the truth on the web). Behringer seems to have class compliance in mind for their products and hopefully that goes for this one as well.

(I was going for the Mackie Blackjack instead. It has been measured to 47.5 V and someone on this forum uses it for the Ipad. And the bundled software is a full functioning DAW with no plugs. But no store carried it. Bad drivers reported for PC though.

I instead went for the mono Apogee One that works fine even though I don't know if 48 V means 48 V. It requires the Garageband app for switching between the inputs before using other apps. It also requires a powered hub that also can carry USB-MIDI from a keyboard for WAV + MIDI in e.g. Music Studio 2 (I've tested). It is also supposed to be possible to use multiple Apogee gadgets on MAC for more inputs.)
peterpressure wrote:Theoretically any of these should work: http://auriaapp.com/Support/auria-audio-interfaces

Your app is better though... :)
...At least MT is released. Auria is not.