How to turn off iPhone built in mic override

How to use MultiTrack DAW
yep

How to turn off iPhone built in mic override

Post by yep »

I was recording along just fine using the headphone jack for a line level signal into the iphone, then I removed the cables to listen to playback on the go.

When I put the cables back in, the only input is coming from the iphone mic - any way to fix this & get my line level sound back in? The cable input is not recognized.

Thx
pwnified

Re: How to turn off iPhone built in mic override

Post by pwnified »

I would start with a reboot, a reboot of the iPhone has fixed many problems sometimes. It could also be the resistor used to trigger the OS into thinking a headset is attached. If this resistor is not the right value or is borderline of working, you could get intermittant triggering. Also the microphone you plug into the cable will affect the resistance, so it's dependent on that also.

Unfortunaetely, there is no way for developers to control the input selection, it is completely done automatically by the OS. I think the best idea is to recommend only devices made under the "made for iPod" program or " works with iPhone".
yep

Re: How to turn off iPhone built in mic override

Post by yep »

Thx for the input. I tried a reset then a reboot.

Internal mic is still taking priority. The troubling thing is is was working before, now not working.