Samson Meteor - gain control

How to use MultiTrack DAW
apian

Samson Meteor - gain control

Post by apian »

Hi, my Samson Meteor mic works fine in GB which gives mé the oppurtunity to set the input gain manually. However the gain control within Multitrack DAW does not affect the input of the Meteor mic. Are there any plans to implement a working solution in M-DAW - i need the extra tracks the app provides?

Otherwise the app is pretty useless with this mic.
Erik dP

Re: Samson Meteor - gain control

Post by Erik dP »

Could this help? There is obviously a hardware level and software level control depending on the settings you do outside of MT, in the settings icon. You might have it switched to sw instead of hw.

"With the "Measurement Mode" (in Settings -> MultiTrack) set to OFF (the default), the IN input fader is a software attenuator, and the optimal recording level is at Zero dB, so I recommend leaving it at zero. With the Measurement Mode set to ON, the IN input fader becomes a real hardware control and can actually stop a loud sound source from clipping the mic, by using a value less than zero."

http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1522
apian

Post by apian »

Hi Erik, that made the trick! I wonder why these settings not are mentioned in the manual? Anyway, thanks! :)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Actually I had no idea that this control would work to control external USB devices. Thanks for that bit of information and the confirmation that it works! Now that I think about it, "Measurement Mode" shouldn't have anything to do with a hardware gain control.