Used iCloud backup, how to retrieve files after reinstall?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Jonny Cash

Used iCloud backup, how to retrieve files after reinstall?

Post by Jonny Cash »

Hi,
First off, I love being able to record 8 tracks simultaneously into MTDAW using the ipad. :D

I recorded about 45 minutes of an 8 track song (our church worship service). Then, after listening to it, I zipped it.
It will not unzip. :o I backed up my MTDAW into iCloud, then reinstalled MTDAW, and now I cannot see the song (8 tracks of 45 min service) in MTDAW app, though I see a large amount of MTDAW data in my iCloud backup.
I suspect that the song in question is in the iCloud MTDAW backup, but I do not see how to get MTDAW app to retrieve it.
Any thoughts? :?:
pwnified

Re: Used iCloud backup, how to retrieve files after reinstal

Post by pwnified »

I think you're going to need to Restore your phone, this is the only way I know of where you can choose the backup you want to restore to. So if you have a backup on iCloud, this is like a snapshot of all the apps data. When you restore the device, it will ask you if you want to use a backup.

Follow the instruction here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521

Doing this will also download all your apps.

Once you have restored, the multitrack projects should be back, including the failed zip. No idea why it failed, was space running out on the device?
Jonny Cash

Post by Jonny Cash »

Yes, I was running out of space. It is an ipad 3, not a iPod, but I doubt it would make a difference. Thanks for the suggestion, I will need to think about whether or not it is worth the trouble to restore for the few songs I had there.
I just purchased extra space in iCloud, so that should help me quite abit. I was running way tight on space.
Thanks
Paulinesa

Post by Paulinesa »

If you have iCloud backup files available, you can use iPhone Data Recovery to help you retrieve files after reinstall.
Only take three steps to do so:
Step 1: Log in iCloud account
Step 2: Download the backup file on computer
Step 3: Preview and recover the backups on computer after scanning
All files you need will be recovered and save on PC first.
Albeedeng

Post by Albeedeng »

pwnified wrote:I think you're going to need to Restore your phone, this is the only way I know of where you can choose the backup you want to restore to. So if you have a backup on iCloud, this is like a snapshot of all the apps data. When you restore the device, it will ask you if you want to use a backup.

How to Restore iPhone from iCloud?

Once you have restored, the multitrack projects should be back, including the failed zip. No idea why it failed, was space running out on the device?
I think what you said is right. Helpful tips. FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery works well for me too.
LindseyVonn

Post by LindseyVonn »

Albeedeng wrote:
pwnified wrote:I think you're going to need to Restore your phone, this is the only way I know of where you can choose the backup you want to restore to. So if you have a backup on iCloud, this is like a snapshot of all the apps data. When you restore the device, it will ask you if you want to use a backup.

How to restore data from iCloud to new iPhone?

I think what you said is right. Helpful tips. FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery works well for me too.
FonePaw is useless. It cost me money and time.