Printing IAA effects

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Anorton

Printing IAA effects

Post by Anorton »

Is there an easy way to print or bake IAA effects on a track to free up RAM and CPU? I'm hoping I don't have to do a mixdown.
wherewithal

Re: Printing IAA effects

Post by wherewithal »

Audiobus2 will let you send from MTDAW into the effects slot and back in to MTDAW to print effects.

I believe it releases Tuesday and will have state saving as a feature
wherewithal

Post by wherewithal »

correction,

it releases tomorrow
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

There actually is a way, to bake effects into a copy. It's experimental, but seems to be working. If you make a copy of a region, 2 copies actauly take place. One is just the region data, the other is a bounced version, with effects, pans, etc. But if you paste onto another track, only the first region data will be pasted. But, if you make the copy with multiple tracks, a new region will be created, with effects, pans, etc.

So to use this feature you'll need to copy more than 1 track. You could create a small, empty region, adjacent to the region you want to bounce on another track, and select and copy them both at the same time. This will bounce all effects, pans, etc. plus the small empty region, into a single region that you can then paste.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

That makes sense. I've done that to get reverb and delay on the same project. Didn't think to try it with IAA. Thanks, pwnified.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Let me know if you get any issues.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

It worked the first time I tried it. Now, I have to solo and mixdown, which is fine. Seems like IAA and AudioBus each has a place for me. This update rocks, pwnified.