Problems with IAA and AudioBus after latest iOS update?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Anorton

Problems with IAA and AudioBus after latest iOS update?

Post by Anorton »

On my iPad 2, I've never been able to use Positive Grid's Bias app as an IAA plugin (I always get a message that the app failed to load or timed out), but was always able to use it through AudioBus with latency at 256. The last few times I've tried it via AudioBus, I get cracking and stuttering. 512 just doesn't cut it for me, but I've been able to do it before (record at 256). I'm also experiencing this with JamUp Pro XT and ToneStack. MultiTrack has always been so stable with guitar apps and AudioBus; seems like something's changed.

Any ideas? Can someone confirm?

I'm using the latest versions of all apps and iOS on iPad 2 with an Apogee Jam.
Anorton

Re: Problems with IAA and AudioBus after latest iOS update?

Post by Anorton »

Well, I did a hard reboot earlier today and tried recording again tonight with Bias and AmpKit via AudioBus with latency at 256 without any problems.

I am still interested if anyone can run Bias as an IAA with MultiTrack.
harisonzamperla

Post by harisonzamperla »

If you open bias first and then load it as iaa in multitrack it seems to work but even on iphone 6plus I get some popping and crackling. Not sure if that's latency or an IAA problem
Telefunky

Post by Telefunky »

I wouldn't hold my breath on an iPad 2 with BIAS, but JamUp is significantly less load
(yesterday I recorded 1 direct track plus JamUp's stereo output in Multitrack at lowest latency setting without glitches on an iPad mini Retina (IOS 8.1.3) - something I didn't expect at all)

you can import your Amps from BIAS into JamUp - just get the smallest version as a 'player'
(I've both apps on an iPad 2 myself)

cheers, Tom
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Thanks, but this thread is from August, 2014. My trusty iPad 2 has been retired from music making.

Edit - after re-reading my post, it could come off as a little rude and ungrateful, which was not my intention. I do appreciate your help, and it may help others.
harisonzamperla

Post by harisonzamperla »

I have also noticed that sometimes IAA apps seem to go to sleep leaving the affected tracks muted requiring me to restart them. Not sure what the problem or solution is. IAA is kind of buggy in general and multitrack is by far my most reliable audio daw.