Is there any way to import from email?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
dominicperry

Re: Is there any way to import from email?

Post by dominicperry »

Understood re: jailbreaks. Once I get a way of importing wav and at least one of mp3/ogg/aac legitimately, I will de-jailbreak, and then if there's a crash, I guess you'll know about it. I was doing something a bit odd, and as I said, it's the only time MultiTrack has ever crashed on me.
Let's hope AudioView is a bit more stable in the new version.

Dominic
Carmot

Post by Carmot »

Sorry to sound like advertisement but this seems to fit:
AudioView has email import in the next update, as well as a fix for crashing in the audiocopy/paste functionality.
I submitted the update last Friday, so it typically takes 7 days to go through unless I get an annoying reviewer who has no life... I'll keep you posted here if there is any hold back.

[And in the subsequent update for AudioView, I will incorporate email export (with compression) so you can send out your audio as compressed file to your friends.]

Tibor
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

Thanks Tibor. I look forward to the update.

Dominic
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

I look forward to the update too. If it becomes stable, AudioView could be a convenient little utility.
Carmot

Post by Carmot »

Audioview update has been approved. Please post problems in my forum unless pwnified specifically states it is ok to talk about AudioView here. I don't mind either way but have to respect the owner of the forum.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks Carmot, that was extremely fast turnaround in all respects. And I have no problem with talking about it here, I think it's a very useful feature.
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

I'm now running the updated versions of AudioForge and AudioView. Both seem to be working well, without the crashes I originally saw, although I haven't used them much.
I can now import mp3, m4a, wav and aif from email.
Now that I have more than one app which has registered the same file extension, when I hold an attachment in email, I get a list of "Open With.......". This is good news as far as I'm concerned. If MultiTrack and/or AudioView were to register .ogg, even if something else also registers it, there would be no problem with continuing to use whichever app you wanted. I know that the import routine still needs to be written in the receiving app, I'm aware that there are competing demands on coding time.

Dominic
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, this is working good. I'd like to continue the push for ogg, every little bit of support for ogg helps, even though it will probably take a large corporation (like apple) to make any headway with getting wide support. So multitrack can export it, multitrack should definitely be able to open and preview it. BTW how long did it take you to figure out the touch hold mechanism for opening attachments in other apps?
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

pwnified wrote:BTW how long did it take you to figure out the touch hold mechanism for opening attachments in other apps?
I'm never sure about the iPhone UI, I keep discovering things which I didn't know you could do. Out of frustration I was probably just thumping the attachment icon one day.............. :lol:

Dominic