Live Gig Recording???

How to use MultiTrack DAW
bp77

Live Gig Recording???

Post by bp77 »

Hi,

I'd like to record some live music off the mixer. (While playing in the band)

Ideally I'd like to:

Set up the tracks before the show.

Press record at the start of a song. Press stop at the end of song.

Ideally each start stop gives a different tape/track/file so that I dont have to bring the entire show as one "tape" in for tedious cutting and pasting...

So in other words as long as I remember to stop / start between songs, I will wind up with 1 file per song.

And not need to re-layout tracks etc between cuts.

How would I do that in MT Daw?
pwnified

Re: Live Gig Recording???

Post by pwnified »

One trick you could do to save a bit of time is to set up a song 'template'. Start a new song with all the tracks created and inputs selected on each. Then close the song and zip it (long-touch the song icon, tap zip button). Now when you need a new song, tap the zip to unzip a fresh copy with all the settings. Unfortunately the armed state is not stored with the song, so you still have to arm the tracks and hit record.
jseib2293

Re: Live Gig Recording???

Post by jseib2293 »

I actaully find that if you are playing and recording on the gig, it is much better to record an entire set and then split it into individual songs later. I tried the way the developer suggested, and if the show allows for that much fiddling good for you. I cant be messing around even that much between tunes, even on a jazz gig.