Slight compression rendering HOT.

How to use MultiTrack DAW
martygras

Slight compression rendering HOT.

Post by martygras »

Can anyone confirm this? Try recording anything well under clipping, turn the compressor's threshold down till you see any action on the meter in the compressor. Now back the threshold till there's no activity on the meter.
Now render that track. Is the wave form somewhat maxed out?

I can clearly hear compression as I turn the threshold down, but the meter doesn't show any gain reduction going on. Shouldn't the meter show something as soon as I change the threshold?
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
pwnified

Re: Slight compression rendering HOT.

Post by pwnified »

Hmm, interesting. When I firsts coded the gain reduction meter I was testing with continuous waves of louder volumes. It looks like you might have found a bug, it seems like it should be registering gain reduction on the meter at lower volumes. I'll take a closer look, thanks.
martygras

Post by martygras »

Are we going to see an update soon? There have been a lot of requests to fix little things here and there, but no updates to fix anything in a while.

Amongst other things, I'm still having a lot of trouble editing waveforms that are low. Can't see what I'm editing. Need a waveform zoom or something like that.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Apologies for the delays. The problem is that I always end up making large changes, and rewriting major components. Sort of a perfectionist problem on my part. So all the little bug fixes are mixed in with some overhauled systems. I'm going to back up a bit, and branch the codebase, and submit a maintenance release within the next couple weeks.
martygras

Post by martygras »

Cool. Good to hear.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

And once again, weeks turn into months. The current issue is iOS 9, I need to include important updates for the new iOS as well as Audiobus, so it's going to be a bit longer.
dcollins710

Post by dcollins710 »

pwnified wrote:And once again, weeks turn into months. The current issue is iOS 9, I need to include important updates for the new iOS as well as Audiobus, so it's going to be a bit longer.
How's this coming along? I'm guessing there are some pretty cool things you can do with 3D touch. Any chance there's going to be an update around the corner?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

As it turns out, multitrack is stable with iOS 9 so far. However i'm about to release an update anyway.

3D touch is definitely cool, but what is really exciting is the new AU's (true AudioUnits) plugin architecture. We'll now have real plugins with a way to distribute them (app extensions) and none of this IAA hacky stuff anymore.

As far as the compressor, the meters is correct, but not sensitive enough. I've changed it to display on an exponential curve, so you'll get lights for -1db, -2db, -3db, etc. Much easier to see changes now.

Trying to get the release together...
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 4.30.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 4.30.44 AM.png (16.51 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
dcollins710

Post by dcollins710 »

Can't wait! Thanks for all your hard work!