Maximum number of simultaneous recording tracks

How to use MultiTrack DAW
The Heathen Squirrel

Maximum number of simultaneous recording tracks

Post by The Heathen Squirrel »

As an avid user of this app I think I have a handle on most aspects and have been successfully using a Tascam US-800 for years now, with 8 simultaneous tracks recording no probs (iPad Air). Now wishing to upgrade so I can record more tracks simultaneously I am struggling to find an answer to how many tracks can be recorded at once, assuming the right interface exists?
pwnified

Re: Maximum number of simultaneous recording tracks

Post by pwnified »

MultiTrack version 3.4.9 has the ability to record up 16 channels simultaneously. This is going to increase for the next version. But as it stands now I can record 16 mono or 8 stereo or any combination of mono/stereo from my Fireface UCX into an iPad mini. :D
The Heathen Squirrel

Post by The Heathen Squirrel »

Brilliant. That's good to hear, I am thinking of upgrading from Tascam US-800 to something with 16 inputs and was hoping it would be worth it. Seems it is! Ever tried the Tascam US-16X08 with iPad and this app?
Sonik Stach

Post by Sonik Stach »

Hi pwnified!
I 've just tried your app with iPad mini and RME UCX: very cool stuff!!

But, how do you manage to select the last ADAT inputs (7/8)? They're labelled inputs 17 &18, and when I arm the track, nothing happends but the input menu popping up... :(

(I have a project with the need of recording the 8 ADAT, and the S/Pdif and the Analog 1&2, 6 stereo and 2 mono tracks...)
Thx
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Unfortunately it's the behaviour with the current version, any channel above 16 is ignored. With the Fireface, they put the analogs on 1-8, spdif on 9-10, and ADAT 11-18. It really is lame to have the option visible in the channel select box, but then just silently fail. Apologies. At the time I wrote this code, almost no interfaces that worked with iOS went that high.
Sonik Stach

Post by Sonik Stach »

Ok, thank you for the explaination. I hope next version will upgrade this!
daniderock

Post by daniderock »

Hi, first of all, I am brazilian and my english is very poor, so excuses for any mistakes.
I have an Line6 M20d mixer and like to know if with the camera connection kit I will be able to make MultiTrack recognize the channels on ipad 3.
Thanks.