iphone 6(64gb) latency

How to use MultiTrack DAW
anfirmor

Re: iphone 6(64gb) latency

Post by anfirmor »

Agreed on the panning thing. From the IAA compatible apps I have these won't pan (silence on right)

Jamup Pro
Bias
Mic Room
Fiddlicator

Apps where panning works

Audio forge Eq/Compressor
Altispace
Fielder Audio Reverb
Gliderverb

Apps that just don't work

Amplitude
Ampkit

Tried on iphone 5, iPhone 6 & iPad mini Retina.

Maybe it's apps of a mono orientation that don't like it?
Ultimatetone

Post by Ultimatetone »

anfirmor wrote:Works beautifully with my Focusrite 2i2 (powered hub, cck etc.) but i would like a mobile solution for the phone. Irig Pro is close except for the direct monitoring.
Have you considered an external battery for the 2i2?

Here's one I am considering for making my Universal Audio Apollo 8p more portable.
This unit has recently been improved 36%! From its original 44 watt-hours spec, now up to 60 Watt-Hours (and is upgradeable to 104 watt-hours.) When plugged into the wall, it can charge while acting as a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) for the device that is tethered to it.

http://bit.ly/PowerstreamUniversalLIonPack ( I am not affiliated with this product in anyway)

Ultimatetone
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Thought of the battery/power bank thing. Read some reviews of the power banks available Ebay and wasn't very impressed. Usual capacity mAh lies. Also there's the mess of leads and usb hubs. Not very elegant.

I've still got the 2i2 but have splashed out on a UR44, which is very nice indeed, though needs power. Also had an issue with hum which vanished when the case was earthed. Perhaps Steinberg thought that all UR44 owners would be hooking up to a power amp/powered monitors?
The UR44 has no mixer app for iPhone so it's iPad only, unless your happy with the last settings (UR44 remembers these).

For mobile I got hold of a cheap Fender slide, ripped the guts out and integrated it into a little pre I made. Thought I could mod the Slide easily but it turns out all of it's pots are just inputting control voltages to an ARM chip. So volume and mix pots don't actually see analogue signals at all. MAD!!!

Looking forward to the update and hoping i don't have to get the oscilloscope out again to check those latency times.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It looks like the panning bug is definitely related to the app being hosted, and supporting only mono input. MultiTrack will always send a stereo signal to the IAA effect. For example, loading JamUp and inserting it as a track effect, when fully panned to the right, channel 1(left) is zero, and channel 2(right) is fullscale, JamUp is ignoring all of channel 2's data. For JamUp, there is actually a setting (go to Settings -> Input Channel) with the options of Left, Right, and Mix Left and Right. Setting it to mix solves the problem in this case. Other apps might not be so lucky to have a setting like this. I'll try and rethink how the channels should be sent, and maybe there is a solution.