Recover corrupt project files?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Anorton

Recover corrupt project files?

Post by Anorton »

I want to remix several backed up projects. I imported a few using iTunes file sharing without a problem, but I'm having trouble with one. When I try to open the project, the iPad gives me a corrupt project notification. Two questions:

1. I see the project files and can play them on my PC. Is there an easy way to import the corrupted project files to MT without having to re-align everything etc.?

2. I accidentally dragged the bins folder from the project on the PC into MultiTrack, and it's not visible on the iPad. Is there any way to delete it using iTunes or some back door in MultiTrack?

Thanks.
pwnified

Re: Recover corrupt project files?

Post by pwnified »

Ah, sorry to hear about that! If that message pops up, it means that the 'plist decoder' has crashed when trying to unarchive the tracks. Something must have happened to the file "Tracks.plist". It might be possible to recover some information from it, no promises, but shoot me an email with that file and I might be able help.

As for 2, I don't think it's possible to drag folders into the multitrack documents in iTunes file sharing, unless something changed. However, iTunes should always display a complete list of everything in that shared folder, so if you see it there, you should be able to delete it.