Setting a start point

How to use MultiTrack DAW
freezingpost

Setting a start point

Post by freezingpost »

I'm sure that this must be really easy/obvious but I'm new to this. For the purposes of counting in I've left a silence at the start of my track. How do I change this so that once I've mixed down the song starts immediately rather than there being a six second silence?
pwnified

Re: Setting a start point

Post by pwnified »

Actually this isn't as easy as it should've been, one way to do it is to copy the mixdown, then, it's a matter of pasting onto another track, trimming that region, and soloing that track for final mixdown.

1) After mixing down, go to the mixdown (Shared tab) and copy it (Import Copy button).
2) Paste onto an empty track (Hotbox -> Paste), trim the start point (Hotbox -> Edit), and slide the region all the way left.
3) Solo that track, and mixdown again. It will overwrite the old mixdown.

You'll probably want to turn off any mastering effects for the final mixdown, so they aren't printed twice.

Apologies for the inconvenience. You've brought up an interesting feature that has been requested before. I'm now considering a button, to toggle the use of the loop markers as a final export region.

UPDATE: This has been fixed
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

I like that idea.
martygras

Post by martygras »

Yep.

Speaking of markers... AHEM!
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

The loop markers are now used as the final export region for a song. If the loop markers are ON, they will be used as the mixdown start and end points. If you want reverb tails, make sure to include a large area after the song. But the song will still be trimmed before the End Marker, if the tail falls to a very low level (close to zero).