Studio files with samplerate 88.2 kHz and IAA

How to use MultiTrack DAW
eVr

Studio files with samplerate 88.2 kHz and IAA

Post by eVr »

Hi all!
I have a bunch of audio tracks from the studio sessions with samplerate at 88.2 kHz.
I want to process them in various IAA effect apps, such as Tonestack.
As Multitrack DAW supports this samplerate, can I expect that a IAA FX app will follow this and not resample audio to another bitrate while processing?

Many thanks in advance,
Piotr
pwnified

Re: Studio files with samplerate 88.2 kHz and IAA

Post by pwnified »

Welcome eVr. Unfortunately most apps don't support anything other than 44.1khz. Even though multitrack does, if you try to add an IAA plug to a track in a 88khz project, you'll get the 'invalid format' error and the plug will refuse to load, in every case that I've tried.

My suggestion would be to use a 44.1 project at 24 bit, then when importing the audio tracks, multitrack will downsample with a high quality algorithm to the project format. With the case of 88.2 -> 44.1, there is zero loss for a bandlimited signal.
Telefunky

Re: Studio files with samplerate 88.2 kHz and IAA

Post by Telefunky »

the only thing I ever used in Tonestack was it's IAA slot for routing external apps
(I have a paid version, which I didn't return for that single feature mentioned above)
as an FX processor it's (sorry...) just crap - strange because I like his Magellan synth
Holderness, ApeSoft, Kymatica, Fiedler and Positive Grid have high quality processors (imho)

cheers, Tom