External WiFi SD/HDD/flash readers

How to use MultiTrack DAW
anfirmor

External WiFi SD/HDD/flash readers

Post by anfirmor »

Have any MTDAW users out there had any success with external wifi storage? My iPad mini retina is only 16GB (silly me) and I've been trying to get some sense out of a cheap little wifi card reader, which I was hoping to use for external storage/back-up. I know this idea is a long shot and suspect IOS is locked down but I'm kind of half way there but no cigar. It would be so useful to be able to import/export zipped projects like this, though I suspect Apple would rather have more of my dosh.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
DavePDX

Re: External WiFi SD/HDD/flash readers

Post by DavePDX »

Don't know if this will work, and they're not cheap, but sure looks interesting to me. I've got one on order and will report back when I give it a whirl:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/isho ... lash-drive#/
anfirmor

Re: External WiFi SD/HDD/flash readers

Post by anfirmor »

Thanks Dave.

The card reader I got hold of was only £10. Has card slots & USB ports, lithium battery and can act as I wireless bridge. Also works as a normal card reader and USB hub when wifi is off and it's plugged into a PC. Made by a company called Panther and obtainable from Amazon.

Anyway I had some success this afternoon. After trying loads of useless apps I finally found an app called FileBrowser Lite and after a bit of head scratching with setting up to talk to the card reader. I managed to both upload and download a zipped project to/from MTDaw and a USB flash drive connected to the card reader. Also copied a project, via the USB flas drive, from iPad to iPhone. Moving audio files about also works.

It's by no means fast or slick but it works.

Looked at this approach for Auria And Cubasis but they seem to lack the elegant project zip of MTDaw. Not bothered trying moving track or audio files in these.

MTDaw scores again.