Jamup and jamup pro won't launch as inputs at same time

How to use MultiTrack DAW
harisonzamperla

Jamup and jamup pro won't launch as inputs at same time

Post by harisonzamperla »

Not sure if the issue is on their end or not but I have both jamup xt and jamup pro xt. This way I can run a guitar thru one and a bass thru the other app and use both as inputs on MultiTrack.

Here's where it gets weird. Jamup pro xt launches fine normally unless jamup xt is installed as well. Then it just launches jamup xt instead of pro (even tho both icons are visible in the inputs). Unable to load them both as inputs on seperate tracks. Just launches jamup xt and refuses to open jamup pro.

Any idea why?

Side note: even tho the icons show up (jamup is red and jamup pro has a grey icon) they're both listed as jamup pro even tho it always just launches jamup xt.
pwnified

Re: Jamup and jamup pro won't launch as inputs at same time

Post by pwnified »

Just guessing but it sounds like Positive Grid used the same IAA identifier for both products. This is exactly what would happen if both their apps used the same componentType and subType for the IAA generators it publishes, instead of a unique one for each app. Definitely a support question for positive grid.
harisonzamperla

Re: Jamup and jamup pro won't launch as inputs at same time

Post by harisonzamperla »

@pwnified thanks for your quick reply! I'll contact positive grid and let them know