New Interface from Studio Six Digital, iPad only

How to use MultiTrack DAW
dominicperry

New Interface from Studio Six Digital, iPad only

Post by dominicperry »

pwnified, I hope you don't mind me posting this here - I'm not affiliated in any way to S6D.

I've had an email from S6D about a new interface they're designing. Please bear in mind that the iAudioInterface was subject to quite a few delays, so the suggested date may be extended. Also, note that the price is 'projected'. Here's the text:

We are excited to announce iUSBInterface, our new USB audio interface designed for iPad, and also compatible with your computer. Key features:

** Stereo phantom-powered XLR balanced mic inputs with independant fixed input gain ranges and pad, also usable as line inputs.
** Stereo balanced outputs on XLR jacks, up to +23dBU out.
** SP/DIF and Toslink digital outputs.
** Separate 1/4" headphone output with level control.
** Battery powered, includes power supply.
** Compatible with iPad (requires Apple camera connection kit).
** Includes iPad soft case which integrates the interface with the iPad.
** Compatible with any computer that supports class-compliant USB audio.
** 16-bit, 44.1 or 48k selectable sample rates.

Perfect for running AudioTools and Smaart Tools (coming later this year) on your iPad, as well as Smaart on your laptop!

We also plan to make several measurement microphone options available, or use it with your own mic.

Projected price: $399, available 4th quarter 2010 -- pre-orders coming soon.

More information: http://studiosixdigital.com/iusbinterface.html

iPhone 4 Note: This product will not work on iPhone 4, as it does not support the camera connection kit. We are planning a new product for iPhone 4, but we are not able to talk about it yet.

iAudioInterface upgrade program

Since Apple changed the dock connector in iPhone 4, it won't work with iAudioInterface. Because of this, we have a new policy:

We will allow you to recover $200 of your purchase price on any iAudioInterface, towards any other iPhone/iPad hardware product that we produce within one year of your purchase.

Just return your original iAudioInterface to us in working condition with invoices for your new Studio Six Digital hardware product and we will send you a rebate check for $200. This applies to units already sold, as well as new sales. So buy now with confidence, use iAudioInterface with your current hardware, and upgrade to our new hardware later knowing that your investment is protected.

iAudioInterface available on Amazon -- International, order direct

We are now selling from stock on our Amazon store. Here is the link:

http://studio-six-digital.amazonwebstore.com/

Amazon ships to the US. For any other country, please download our order form from our website and we will ship directly to you.

http://studiosixdigital.com/iaudiointer ... nation.pdf
jkevinwolfe

Re: New Interface from Studio Six Digital, iPad only

Post by jkevinwolfe »

Seems pricey. Roland Cakewalk UA-1G sells for about $100 and does up to 24 bit sound at up to 96 kHz. So the CW should be ready to handle the jump to 24 bit sound in DAW that we recently heard of. SSD is 16 Bit.

No XLR on the CW. It has a 1/4 inch mono jack for mic or guitar and an RCA stereo line in. It also does digital audio in. I have been using the CW to bring a Kaossilator, MRT3 Drum machine and a Zoom A2 Acoustic pedal into DAW for about a month now. I'm very happy with it.
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

I haven't used or heard the UA-1G, but from what I can see, it's only got consumer level (-10dB) inputs and outputs. If you want to interface 'pro' gear with +4dB levels, then you need something else.
I don't know where the limitation for 16 or 24 bit audio is - it could be the interface or the iPad digital in, although the S/PDIF standard should support 24 bit audio.

If you're using the UA-1G sucessfully, then that's cool. I think the S6D interface has a few extra features which may or may not be worth the money, depending upon what gear you want to interface with.

Dominic
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

The main difference with S6D products is that they are extremely flat signal response, and low noise, and are mainly intended for accurate measurement testing. The iAudioInterface microphone is calibrated and can record (and analyze) very lound sounds up to 130dba, this is rock concert loud. I think all future S6D products will be at least this good.