Bluetooth Connectivity Problems

How to use MultiTrack DAW
DeliriumTrigger2113

Bluetooth Connectivity Problems

Post by DeliriumTrigger2113 »

I have noticed that the app doesn't seem to be compatible with my Bluetooth audio devices. When I have a device connected to my iphone and then try to play recorded audio from the app, the sound just comes out of my phone speaker. Is there maybe a setting that I need to change, or is Bluetooth connectivity simply not a feature of the app?

If it isn't a feature, are there plans to change it in the future? If not, I would probably be better off just using Audacity on my laptop.
pwnified

Re: Bluetooth Connectivity Problems

Post by pwnified »

Bluetooth was disabled because of the latency, mainly. Bluetooth isn't something you'd ever want to record songs with, which is what multitrack is designed for. I was considering a 'playback only' mode that would use bluetooth if available, but it seems to complexify the codebase having to switch the Audio Session on the fly, and it might confuse the user if recording stopped working with a bluetooth headset plugged in. So it looks like no, unfortunately.
joemiami

Re: Bluetooth Connectivity Problems

Post by joemiami »

Aw man. Bluetooth playback would be so awesome so we could hear our beautiful DAW creations on our favorite Bluetooth speakers. :-/