Multitrack daw not working!

How to use MultiTrack DAW
luckyrocker

Multitrack daw not working!

Post by luckyrocker »

I have an :oops: i pad, multitrack working flawless until i tried to upload wave file in i Tunes, unfortunately I synced and believe i corrupted my Multitrack backup from i tunes? What can I do? http://forum.harmonicdog.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=2#
pwnified

Re: Multitrack daw not working!

Post by pwnified »

Is your iPad jailbroken?
Robertwalkiewicz

Post by Robertwalkiewicz »

Does Multitrack not work now if you have a jailbroken iPod?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It might not work, depending on the quality of the jailbreak.
luckyrocker

Post by luckyrocker »

:P Thanks to all replies guys, I use multitrack for audio editing only when i'm out of town. presently use protools for recording master tracks and just love the program for ease of use with my iPad and to answer you questions it is jail broken! I use Ifile, SBsetings and Categories, and a few other apps that apple should have included with a product that is sold to a customer. I guess the jailbreak substrate is the problem but still works with 4.x on iphone (still working). If I could give some input on new improvement It would be reverb input on channels and EQ, 4 band? Compression on all tracks It would be awesome, (best daw in the app store) again thanks fellow micro daw engineer's.
Rmdub

Post by Rmdub »

+1 on MultiTrack not working w/Jailbroken iPad. I'm pretty surprised since it's the only app of the 75+ that has any issues, and I still haven't gotten through the loading screen on MultiTrack. Would be amazing if you could look into it a bit more or have someone check out the code to see if it might be something that would be easy to fix because I can't see myself giving up Jailbreak.

I won't give it a bad review, but I'll guarantee a glowing 5 stars if you get this working ;)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Actually it's happening more often with other apps now, I just noticed this message popup when I started Touch Physics:
This app is not supported on Jailbroken devices due to the instability of the modified devices. Provided you legally purchased this software you may continue to use it. However you are on your own if you encounter any issues we believe may be related to your jailbroken device. Thanks.
I was a little insulted that they sounded like I hadn't purchased the software.

MultiTrack is not your average app either. It uses a lot of resources and does a lot of crazy techniques. But theoretically, it should all just work as long as the platform is stable. I only got the time to look at it briefly, but it looked like a memory issue with mobile susbstrate, where mobile susbstrate was hijacking the memory manager and releasing all memory at one stage in the dylib loading process. At this point I gave up and got rather pissed at the thing. It's hard enough to make apps that work flawlessly on a stable platform.

To get it working, you need to downgrade mobile substrate to version 0.9.3209