Uploading single tracks

How to use MultiTrack DAW
trevtherev

Uploading single tracks

Post by trevtherev »

I have a song with multiple tracks on my iTouch. How can I send the tracks to my computer without mixing them? For example, a song of 8 tracks - I want to send all the tracks individually for mixing in different combinations later. Thanks.
dominicperry

Re: Uploading single tracks

Post by dominicperry »

EDIT: THIS IS WRONG, SEE POST BELOW. APOLOGIES.

If you fire up iTunes (version 9.2 or later) then select the ipod on the left Devices panel - and then select Apps from the tabs (on the right, above), you will find MultiTrack in the list of File Sharing apps at the bottom of the page (you may have to scroll down). All your individual tracks should be there.

Dominic
Last edited by dominicperry on August 30th, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
pwnified

Re: Uploading single tracks

Post by pwnified »

The song mixdowns will be in that iTunes shared folder, but not the track. In a non-linear editing environment, the tracks don't actually exist and are instead an abstract concept composed of regions. Unfortunately the iTunes sharing is severely limited because it's just a folder with many restrictions. The wifi system is supierior because the web browser can make requests to multitrack and multitrack can render a track "on demand".

So long story short, you must use the wifi server to download a track. Future versions of multitrack may have track rendering capabilities (single track mixdown) for iTunes file sharing.