Disapearing Share/BIN files

How to use MultiTrack DAW
mkboy1313

Disapearing Share/BIN files

Post by mkboy1313 »

Does anyone on the iPad have trouble with imported files disappearing from the BIN>Shared menu - only to return via closing and re-starting the app?
mkboy1313

Re: Disapearing Share/BIN files

Post by mkboy1313 »

Moot point now. Software locked up and took my iPad with it. Restoring now. Not a well spent $25.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

That's an unfortunate situation and I apologize for any problems with the software. However, applications are sandboxed and there is nothing that an app can do to destroy the system, unless there is something else wrong with the OS or the hardware.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

BTW missing files in the shared folder: Every time the tab is opened, it re-reads the directory and lists out the available files. If there were missing entries in the list, it means there is some kind of file system problem on the device. Was the device out of space by any chance?
mkboy1313

Post by mkboy1313 »

After a restore via iTunes, the pad is fine. The weird part is that I never lost any data. Good, but weird.
Still experiencing the disappearing files though. I can copy and paste two files from the shared folder and then no more, the list is mostly gone and largely inactive. Exiting the app and coming back in restores the list and them i'm fine, until I pass two tracks again. I'm importing some multitrack recording broken down into individual wav files. Maybe there is a limitation to the amount of files the app can handle shared?

Still though, with some patience it works fine and is a really neat way to enjoy some mixing fun.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

That is weird. There is a file system limit of 256 files, but I have code in to recycle file handles so MultiTrack supports much more than that. How many bins are already in the song, and are there a lot of unused bins in the song? There could be a file handle leak with the waveform generation code or something crazy, I'll take a closer look. Does the 2 file copy/paste limit happen on a new song with no other regions or bins in it, and after you've restarted multitrack?
mkboy1313

Post by mkboy1313 »

Yes, always after two tracks even with a new session. For some reason this morning i'm down to one track at a time. It's laborious but worth it. I'm listening to multitrack from the Beatles Abbey Road and Pepper albums. The fact that I can do it on the iPad adds to the gerkiness.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

How many bins are in the shared folder?