Metronome Timing Question

How to use MultiTrack DAW
dstole

Metronome Timing Question

Post by dstole »

Hello,
I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. I did a search but was told...

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: metronome. You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

Not sure :)

Anyway, I noticed while testing the Alesis interface yesterday that the click on the metronome starts on the 2nd beat of the first bar, with a tone that is repeated for the 3 and 4. The 1 of the second bar is a different tone, but comes last.

No matter how hard I tried I could not get my ears to hear the 1 as 1. My ears were associating the 1 as the first tone I heard, which ended up turning the different tone into the 4, and everything was off by a quarter note.

I was wondering why there is a 1/4 note delay in the first click? Is it possible to create a count in so that things can catch up? Do others have trouble with this, or am I the only one that has trouble dropping a beat :)

Thanks again for the app. Any help or advice with this would be appreciated.
dominicperry

Re: Metronome Timing Question

Post by dominicperry »

Yes, have the same thing here, 'One' is missing. It takes a couple of bars before I can force the high blip to be 'One' in my mind.

Dominic
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Apologies for that, I'll fix it.
dstole

Post by dstole »

Thank you pwnified.