Monitoring with apple headphones...or not.

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Account904

Monitoring with apple headphones...or not.

Post by Account904 »

I do not have the multitrack software yet, so I can't try it out to answer this for myself, and the tutorial does not shed any light that I can see. My question is about monitoring while recording:

I assume that while recording to track B I can monitor track A with the headphones. But I only have the apple headphones that come with the iPhone, and these have a mic on the phone wire. So I guess it is trying to record to track B with the headphone mic.

If I want to record to track B in this case with the regular iPhone mic, do I just need another set of headphones with no mic to get in the way?
pwnified

Re: Monitoring with apple headphones...or not.

Post by pwnified »

Yes, exactly. The iPhone OS will select the input, some accessories 'override' others. The line in from a dock connector should override both the built-in mic and the headphone mic. But the headphone mic will always override the built-in mic if no other accessories are plugged in. Unfortunately developers have no control over what gets selected for inputs and outputs (except in the single case of switching between ear receiver and speaker out). So yeah you'll have to use another pair of headphones without a mic if you want to use the built-in mic.
Thanks,
Hamilton
Account904

Re: Monitoring with apple headphones...or not.

Post by Account904 »

Ok, great! I just downloaded and am eager to get started. I assume that any decent stereo headphones will do?