Focusrite 2i2 clicks/pops on iOS 9.2/new interface needed?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Anorton

Focusrite 2i2 clicks/pops on iOS 9.2/new interface needed?

Post by Anorton »

I'm using an Air 2, running iOS 9.2, Apple CCK with Apple 30 pin to lightening adapter. Worked fine until iOS 9.2. The clicks happen during recording/monitoring and don't print to the track, but they are distracting/annoying.

I've read elsewhere that 9.2 has issues with USB interfaces and iOS 9.2.1 hasn't addressed it.

Two questions:

1. I've been in the market for a new interface. IK Multimedia makes the iRig Pro Duo, which seems to all I would need at this point. Because it's MFI, is it more reliable than the ones that need adapters and powered hubs, etc.?

2. Is it reasonable to think the USB interface issue will get resolved?
pwnified

Re: Focusrite 2i2 clicks/pops on iOS 9.2/new interface needed?

Post by pwnified »

Do the clicks happen on playback, or only in the input monitor? If that's the case it sounds like a bug, because if playback works, it's internally the same signal path as the input monitor. If you turn off the input monitor, do the clicks still happen during recording? Are you using 44.1kHz projects? Although it could be an obscure hardware problem with one of the adapters, since there are two of them doubled up the chances are higher. If bandwidth is reduced it won't handle simultaneous flows as well. Could also be a cable. Maybe troubleshooting by replacing each component one at a time.