Post by travep »

* Brand new DAW user
* I am recording to an iPhone 6
* Using camera connector
* Microphone input into the front input #1
* Instrument input into the back input #3
* I cannot hear anything thru headphones when playing live
* There is no wave form of note after armed and recorded

If I turn up all of the gains and input levels (track, general, on Focusrite) I can faintly hear the microphone on playback. I can see very small wave form visual on track. I hear nothing for the instrument (an active bass).

If I disconnect everything and arm a track and record, there is a terrible electonic hum but I can get vocal input from the iPhone mic...of course, this isn't what I want to do and the hum is *really* loud and not what I want.

What am I missing? How can I get a level input so that the visual wave form is reasonable, usable and the input level is acceptable to work with? I love the interface...simple for a newbie like me to use it...I'm just missing something here. Thanks.
pwnified

Re: Very Low levels - Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Post by pwnified »

Welcome travep

Hmm, there shouldn't be any problem getting a good input level even with all faders set to unity (zero dB). Try checking that the track is properly mapped to the input channel you want to record. To do this, use the '>>>IN' button (next to the Arm button) on the track and select the input channel for that track. Also, input monitoring is available in the Menu, the track must be armed as well to hear input monitoring.
travep

Re: Very Low levels - Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Post by travep »

Thanks for the response...I definitely armed it and then walked through every input channel just to make sure. The same results. Does anyone know of anything that needs to be set on the focusrite itself? I know when you are planning on using it with a computer the instructions say that you need to download the Focusrite app and set some things. This sounds funny to me, though. I'm kind of at a loss...