Invalid format on IAA

How to use MultiTrack DAW
harisonzamperla

Invalid format on IAA

Post by harisonzamperla »

I just got a new iPhone 6s plus running ios 9.2.1. Restored my data. For some reason when I try to add IAA effects such as tonestack or jamup I get a invalid format message on the IAA icon and am unable to open the IAA programs without it crashing to home screen. Is this a backup problem? Is anyone else experiencing this?
harisonzamperla

Re: Invalid format on IAA

I did a full wipe thru iTunes to 9.2.1 and restored everything from backup. On a 44.1kHZ and tried 16 and 24 bit but am getting this error message for all IAA plug-ins.
image.png
image.png (374.95 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

There seems to be an issue when running the iPhone 6S with just the internal speaker. The speaker runs at a hardware format of 48 khz on this model phone, so without converters IAA plugs don't work. The workaround currently is to plug an audio interface, or even just headphones. Apologies for the inconvenience, there will be a fix within the next couple weeks. But just plugging in headphones will cause the phone to run at a standard 44.1khz again and IAA will work again.
harisonzamperla

oh awesome. Thank you. You are the singlemost reliable software support developer I have ever dealt with. Thank you so much..

Just one quick other issue.
When I tap on the IAA plugin to open it (like it did on a Iphone 6plus, instead 6s plus im running it on) it just wiggles in Rearrange mode. I have to tap VERY VERY LIGHT and FAST even with 3d touch turned off. Wondering if theres a quick fix for this. Longer wait time to touch/hold rearrange?

Thanks again
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

THanks for the kind words =)

Ah yes, there is a fix in the works for the touch issue with IAA icons going into drag mode instead of launching the app. If you can hang on for a couple more weeks... and deal with the feather light touch workaround, unfortunately Apple made a change to the way touches are handled on the newer iOS versions, and this fix will require a new version of multitrack.
harisonzamperla

No problem. Headphones and usb audio in are working fine atm.