IAA or Audiobus

How to use MultiTrack DAW
TimRyland

IAA or Audiobus

Post by TimRyland »

Just started recording using MTW and just love it. Now I want to add Amplitube as the amp/effects for some songs.

What is the difference, if any, between IAA and Audiobus. I can see how Audiobus works, but not IAA.

Is one better than the other?

I am using an iPad2 with ios9.3

Thanks.
pwnified

Re: IAA or Audiobus

Post by pwnified »

Welcome TimRyland,

In terms of quality they are both the same. With IAA you can add an effect plugin to a track after being recorded and then freeze it out, whereas with Audiobus you would use one or more tracks as an Input sender, then add the effects in Audiobus and go back to multitrack where it could be recorded. So it's a bit different workflow but basically the same result. Audiobus tends to work more stable, but might use slightly more resources. There might be more apps that support IAA than Audiobus, but all the good apps support Audiobus.
harisonzamperla

Re: IAA or Audiobus

Post by harisonzamperla »

I was about to say the exact same thing. Most of the time I use IAA for effects and audiobus to run things like synths or instrument stuff into multitrack. Ive also found for mastering fx like compression (think aufx: push for example) I usually render the track down without any master effects and then re-add them in audioshare or aum.