maudio mobile pre

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Brad31337

maudio mobile pre

Post by Brad31337 »

Trying to hook up mobilepre to ipad through camera connection kit. Based on my reading it should work but when I connect it I get the message "this accessory draws too much power" and it doesn't work. The device is version 200f firmware 1.03 date 03/2010

Any suggestions?
pwnified

Re: maudio mobile pre

Post by pwnified »

Try turning off the phantom power button (on the right side) if it's not already, I think that's the only reason for that power message.
Brad31337

Post by Brad31337 »

Hehe...yea that's already off. It's the only button on this thing... Any other suggestions?
Trombophonic

Post by Trombophonic »

I haven't run into this either with phantom power on or off. However, to use phantom power, I'm using a powered USB hub, and it works great. Maybe this could be a work around for you.
Brad31337

Post by Brad31337 »

Dam...things are not looking so good for me at the moment. I guess my next step is to reformat my ipad and see if that makes a difference. Hopefully it works. Thanks for the input.

Do you guys have model numbers on yours... is it maybe a different revision? older model...
Brad31337

Post by Brad31337 »

It looks like I have the 24bit version of the maudio mobilepre. Watch out for that... will not work.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Oh shit. Is it just the power requirement that keeps it from working, or is the new mobilepre not USB 1.0 class compliant anymore? If you could test it with a powered USB hub it would be appreciated.
Brad31337

Post by Brad31337 »

OK... so I had a bad power hub. I have confirmed my mobilepre is in fact 16bit. Working. With a dlink 4port powered hub. Does not work from the device power for me ever. With or without phantom.