Need Help Recording Other Apps on My iPad

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Shepherd Jim

Need Help Recording Other Apps on My iPad

Post by Shepherd Jim »

I'm a newbie and need some detailed, step-by-step hand-holding.

I've figured out how to arm a track, start recording and then listen to and edit (at least basically) what I've recorded.

I've recorded both from the iPad mic and from other apps on the iPad E.G. instruments like Orphion, synths, keyboards

But, when I've recorded other apps I have started recording in MultiTrack DAW (MTD) and then double-clicked the big iPad button (what's it called?), moved to or opened the app I want to record (use as a sound source), played some "music"

I then move back to MTD and stop recording. The active track has a lot of dead space at the beginning where MTD was recording and I was on my way to the source app and then more silence at the end where recording was active and I was headed back to MTD to stop recording.

What is the best way to do what I am trying to do?

Please be very specific in answering; you shouldn't assume I know much. Thank you!

Jim, Newbie in Maine
Old dog learning new tricks ...MidCoast Maine
pwnified

Re: Need Help Recording Other Apps on My iPad

Post by pwnified »

Welcom Shepherd Jim,

You'll have to use the '>>>IN' button (next to the Arm button) and then choose the input app from the list. Once you Arm the track that input app should be attached and its icon will appear next to the Arm button. You can then use that icon to switch to the app for the performance.
pwnified

Re: Need Help Recording Other Apps on My iPad

Post by pwnified »

Also, if you're using an iPhone 6, make sure to use headphones when using IAA because of a samplerate bug. Because iphone 6 uses 48kHz for the internal speaker