Tonestack IAA

How to use MultiTrack DAW
harisonzamperla

Tonestack IAA

Post by harisonzamperla »

For some reason tonestack doesn't work as an IAA plugin in multitrack anymore. It loads but it sounds glitchey and bitcrushed even with all pedals and amps off. Tonestack Seems to work fine in other stuff as an IAA (like AUM for example). It worked before. Maybe it was the new IOS update that killed it?

Any ideas?
pwnified

Re: Tonestack IAA

Post by pwnified »

Hmm, I tried tonestack on an iPad 4 and an iPhone 6S+, and it seemed to be working. Are you sure it's not a one off thing that a reboot could solve? If not, could it be related to the signal level of the track?
harisonzamperla

Yea it's weird. Tonestack works as an IAA plugin in audioshare and other stuff. Not sure what's going on. I'm using the latest ios and an iPhone 6s plus
harisonzamperla

Also I don't know if you ever get tired of hearing this but you're a great developer and I appreciate how easy it is to get ahold of you on the forums. Thank you
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the kind words! So on the iPhone 6S the internal speaker is running at 48khz, and multitrack doesn't have converters on the input and output of the IAA signal chain. So IAA plugins need to be created at the hardware rate (48khz). Plugging in headphones should work around the problem.
harisonzamperla

Nope. Still crackley and bitcrushed sounding. Not having this issue in other IAA hosts like AUM or audioshare
harisonzamperla

I amend that. AUM and audioshare do the exact same thing WITHOUT headphones or interface but multitrack DAW does it either way at least with tonestack.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I was using the free version of tonestack (ToneStack GO) to do the testing, maybe that is the difference? It might also be a Measurement Mode setting, different iOS versions tend to keep messing with this. It can affect the speaker output now, not just the mic inputs. So turning measurement mode ON (Settings app -> MultiTrack -> Measurement Mode -> ON) will turn off the automatic output loudness which reduces the bass output of the internal speaker. It might be that the sound your hearing is the speaker clipping due to measurement mode off. Its hard to know without hearing the sound and its response to varying inputs, maybe you could send me a recording of the problem, while playing varying dynamics on the instrument?
harisonzamperla

I turned measurement mode on and still the same issue. I've made a recording output with me adding and removing tonestack (full version) without any effects so it should be clean sounding buts it's garbled. I've sent it to your email
harisonzamperla

Woah weird. I tried tonestack go and it seems fine. Gonna contact yonac now