MTD sound quality

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Zouny1

MTD sound quality

Post by Zouny1 »

Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum but I've been using MTD for over a year now. Firstly I'd like to thank the dev for such an outstanding and deceptively powerful recording app. After trying EVERYTHING on the App Store, to me it seems the audio quality of MTD is a cut above every other daw app! Some people tell me I'm imagining this because in the digital realm that couldn't happen. But I've been playing and recording semi professionally and professionally for over thirty years and believe my ears are well trained to pick up nuances. What's everyone's opinion on this re Sound Quality?
Also, any news on an update
Thanks guys. ( great forum) :)
pwnified

Re: MTD sound quality

Post by pwnified »

Welcome Zouny1,

Thanks for the kind words! So it's possible that multitrack does sound better then other recorders. Even though it's all digital, the quality of the algorithms make a difference, especially at lower bit depths like 16 bit. All faders, pans, volumes, and bit depth changes, including the conversions between floating point formats, in multitrack are done with triangular dithering. Dithering is adding a microscopic amount of noise with a triangular probability density function to the signal, which has the effect of lowering distortion caused by the truncation errors when converting formats or amplifying/reducing signals.
Zouny1

Re: MTD sound quality

Post by Zouny1 »

Thanks pwnified.
I played a couple of songs to a bunch of mates, one recorded on MTD the other on another popular app, and they all unanimously picked the MTD song as the best sounding. I absolutely love this app and would love to know if there's any news on the next update?
Thanks again, Zouny1
Last edited by Zouny1 on October 29th, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.