Disused tracks/identifying useful takes

How to use MultiTrack DAW
DanDarlo

Disused tracks/identifying useful takes

Post by DanDarlo »

I'm new to DAW. Inexperienced. Fairly creative but technologically somewhere in the early 19th century. But, even I can use this brilliant app! Hats off to the developers, it's absolutely superb - thank you.

I have one particular problem at the moment which I'm hoping for some help with: I want to be able to mixdown and access the mix and the individual track wav files on my laptop, so that I can share them with a friend who can load them into his own software and add tracks himself. I can do this, but within the main folder there is also every single attempt I've made at recording the track, even though the main mix has these deleted. I've renamed the tracks within the app, but they are not identifiable by these names outside of the app so I just end up with loads and loads of mysteriously named wav files! On the help screenshot of accessing the hotbox and bin browser it shows that the tracks are named, but for mine they just have the "recorded audio (number)" title. Is there a way to:

A) permanently delete all disused takes so they aren't also copied across to laptop
B) have the remaining wanted tracks more easily identifiable (ie by what I've named them)

Apologies if this is a basic/obvious question or if it's somewhere on this forum, I looked but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
pwnified

Re: Disused tracks/identifying useful takes

Post by pwnified »

Welcome DanDarlo,
Well, you can delete unused Bins by going (Hotbox -> Audio -> Song -> Delete Unused Bins), but that won't make the raw filenames easier to read. Actually, the project in zip format, if you zip the project from within multitrack (Long-Touch song icon, tap zip icon) will be devoid of these unused bins. But the reason the bins are named like this is to encode information about them into the filename, there were never meant to be accessed manually. You might try the Wi-Fi Option, with it you can download the rendered tracks and they will all line up with zero to make loading them into another daw easier.
DanDarlo

Re: Disused tracks/identifying useful takes

Post by DanDarlo »

Brilliant, that's just what I needed. Can use the wifi option and transfer individual tracks (with names) into laptop.

Great stuff, thanks for the help!