Focusrite Scarlett 18i8: how to put output through the headphones, not monitors?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
aliteralmind

Focusrite Scarlett 18i8: how to put output through the headphones, not monitors?

Post by aliteralmind »

I have my first basic recording going, but for some reason the output will only come out through the "monitor" jacks in the back. how can I make them come out of the headphone jacks in the front? I don't see any options at all for choosing where the output should be routed. This is a problem because people only hear tracks on that particular side (each monitor is only the left or right side speaker... Beats headphone jack has both left and right speakers in it).

Other than that, very good first impression so far! Especially that such a small program (14MB or something?) has such a slick interface.

Thanks.
pwnified

Re: Focusrite Scarlett 18i8: how to put output through the headphones, not monitors?

Post by pwnified »

Welcome aliteralmind,
MultiTrack will currently output to the first two outputs that CoreAudio defaults to, which is usually the main outputs on most gear that has more than two. I don't have a 18i8 to try, but there might be a way to switch it using a controlling app, for example the FireFace UCX interface can reroute the mains to the headphones or any other outputs using their Totalmix FX app.
aliteralmind

Re: Focusrite Scarlett 18i8: how to put output through the headphones, not monitors?

Post by aliteralmind »

Got it. Odd that you can't do this directly in the hardware.