"Compressed folder is invalid" error on opening project .zip

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Corduroy Road

"Compressed folder is invalid" error on opening project .zip

Post by Corduroy Road »

Thanks for this terrific app! We used it for the first time last night with our Behringer XR18.

I am trying to get the files off my iPhone 6S today for editing. The simplest solution seemed to be downloading the project as a single .zip file. I downloaded the file no problem, but when I try and open the .zip file I get an error that the compressed folder is invalid. If I open the .zip file with WinRar, I can see the contents, but the CRC field is blank and I cannot extract any files.

My .zip file was 17 GB.

When I download the individual .wav files, they play fine, but it's a lot of steps to get each track when downloading the entire project would be easier. I didn't see anything about project file downloads in the help post here on this forum.

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Corduroy Road
pwnified

Re: "Compressed folder is invalid" error on opening project .zip

Post by pwnified »

Hi Corduroy Road,

That is certainly a large zip file. It's possible that something went wrong during the archiving of that large a project. The zip header is written last before the transfer stage, is it possible that the device ran out of space while archiving?

Also, the project archive is really intended for backup purposes, or to share to another device running multitrack. It doesn't contain the rendered tracks, only the bins and regions that compose the tracks.

The only way to get the rendered tracks currently, is to use the Wi-Fi feature to download each one individually. Doing it this way, will insure that the tracks all start from zero, and empty space is inserted between regions, so that they all line up if you drag them into another daw.
pwnified

Re: "Compressed folder is invalid" error on opening project .zip

Post by pwnified »

BTW, if you recorded the tracks all in parallel, you may have the right idea which is to just get the raw bins which should also line up. A way to do this is iTunes File Sharing, then you can just drag the entire song project folder out of the shared documents folder, and it will transfer over the usb wire instead of wifi which is much faster.

iTunes File Sharing:
http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=195