Download MT project and load into Logic?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
jeffchr

Download MT project and load into Logic?

Post by jeffchr »

Apologies for the noob question.

I have recorded multiple tracks on my iPad and have made minor edits to them there (trims, fader, etc). I want to now take those tracks and continue to edit them in Logic Express, and then mix down from there. I have downloaded the project using the wifi sharing, which yields the individual tracks plus 2 plist files.

How do i open these in Logic and retain the edits made in MT?
pwnified

Re: Download MT project and load into Logic?

Post by pwnified »

A good question, unfortunately there is no way to share MT projects with other daws and retain the fader and pan settings. By downloading the project zip like you did, it contains all the track settings in those plist files but those files are not compatible with other software. It some point in the future, there will be either a project converter, or a separate project format that is more share friendly to other daws.

Also, the project zip contains the bins, not the tracks.

To get the rendered tracks use the WiFi and download each track from the Track section of the song. They will be aligned at zero (blank space will be inserted between regions) so you can then drag them into another daw and they will be aligned properly.
jeffchr

Re: Download MT project and load into Logic?

Post by jeffchr »

Thanks for the quick response! Inserting blank time between regions so all the tracks align in another daw is a "good enough" solution for me right now and really helpful; it's not a big deal to redo the pan & fade. Format transformation in The Future would also be cool, but this is a good workaround.

Really great app, btw. Played with a Blue Yeti & MT yesterday - awesome!