File formats

How to use MultiTrack DAW
giftedpage

File formats

Post by giftedpage »

What is the file format of the recorded tracks? I'm trying to transfer files to my Mac from my iPhone via USB using a program called DiskAid (can't use wi fi). Disk Aid doesn't see the tracks, however. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
pwnified

Re: File formats

Post by pwnified »

Well, the application is hidden in the sandbox folders, and the applications documents directory is somewhere else I'm not even sure where. But if you are able to get to the documents directory, and then to the song directories, each track is stored as a raw Sparse File. There is a directory for each track, within that directory are a number of raw chunk files. The name of each chunk file is a number and gives the sample start value, and the file itself is just raw 16 bit signed integer. So it's fairly useless if you are just trying to get at your tracks because a track could be composed of many smaller files. The wifi transfer process will take care of merging all that into a wav file, and so is the recommended way of retrieving the tracks.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

BTW, I have used the iPhone Backup Extractor http://supercrazyawesome.com/ to extract the MultiTrack files from an iTunes backup and it works great
giftedpage

Post by giftedpage »

Thanks for your help! :D