Lexicon Omega (4 Inputs simultaneously)

How to use MultiTrack DAW
miden

Re: Recording 4 tracks simultaneously

Post by miden »

Wow, that Tascam looks the biz....and just to confirm - it will definitely allow me to record 4 tracks into the ipad 2 using ios 5, and multitrack?

Sorry to be so specific...I just want to be sure

Thanks
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, with MultiTrack 3.1.2 on the app store, iOS5, and an iPad 1, when plugging the Tascam US-800 in with the camera connecting kit:
Screenshot 2011.10.27 08.48.44.png
8x2 means 8 inputs are detected, but with version 3.1.2, only the first 4 will be available for recording at a time. You can pick which input a track records, with the Arm button spinner.

I dont have my full studio right now to do a comprehensive test, but using two ipods running Studio Six Digital's signal generators with sine waves (sine waves are best for discovering distortion, clipping, or dropouts), splitting the stereo outputs into inputs 1 through 4, with eq and compression on all 4 tracks, input monitoring, small buffer sizes (128) and sending to the fx bus (this is the worst case scenario):
Screenshot 2011.10.27 08.48.57.png
And listening back reveals clean signals. All is well!

One thing that is awkward though, when I tried overdubbing, I had to plug the headphones for monitoring into the iPad itself, instead of the front of the Tascam. The headphone output on the Tascam seems to have a direct monitoring which wont turn down (even with the front panel knob). It's like that knob doesn't even do anything. I might be missing something or maybe theres a firmware upgrade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
miden

Post by miden »

So it follows it should be same for the ipad 2, yes?

It is all looking good, I am thinking I will go for this Tascam unit!!

Dennis
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, I've also confirmed it works with an iPad 2.
miden

Post by miden »

Super!!!

Thanks....I have just bought one. NOW I cannot wait to get started with MT daw...Now that I have (or will have) an interface that works!!!
Keith

Post by Keith »

Has anyone had success using more than one interface to record multiple tracks?
lucartl

Post by lucartl »

Hi,

I bought a lexicon omega to record more than one track at the same time with your app.....the inputs are showing correctly, but I get hisses and noises instead of the signal that I want to record.
Any idea? Is the same problem that I had with the iodock after the ios 5.01 update.
I have got the idea from this forum that the lexicon was working with no problem at all.
If you can give me some advice, please. Do I have to wait for the next ios update?
Regards
Luca
pwnified

Re: Lexicon Omega (4 Inputs simultaneously)

Post by pwnified »

I think that problem is happening to some people with the Alesis iO Dock as well, it's something to do with iOS 5.0.1. I've never heard it myself, and unfortunately I've moved on to iOS5.1 beta 3 for development (never heard it with iOS5.1 either). According to the Alesis forums, it's Apple's fault, but unfortunately for Alesis, they are not a big enough name to get a point update. In other words it's doubtful we'll see an iOS 5.0.2 and just have to wait for 5.1.

You might want to try restoring iOS 5.0.1, I read somewhere that solved the issue for some people.
peterpressure

Post by peterpressure »

Ordered one of these from ebay for $99, I hope it works!

What is the latest status on this interface?

I just cannot afford the RME Fireface UCX yet... :P
DanT

Post by DanT »

I'm trying to use a Lexicon Omega with
- iPad 3
- IOS5.1.1
- latest version of Multitrack DAW as updated from the app store.

The problem I'm seeing is that the iPad is unreliable about seeing the Lexicon. Sometimes it sees it and recording works. Sometimes it says "USB Device not supported" and doesn't switch the sound device. Sometimes it sees the Lexicon for a few minutes and then looses it, reverting back to the mic - unfortunately this happens sometimes in the middle of a recording.

Sometimes power cycling the Lexicon causes it to come back, sometimes not.

I've tried turning on Airplane mode and it didn't make a difference.

Any ideas on what's going on?

I am using a 3rd party "camera connection kit" clone.