Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Vince

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by Vince »

I have a question. I'm not qualified in basic electronics but would like to know that if I wanted to plug a line level output from a mixboard into the iPhone to record would that work the same way as you are suggesting for a mic. If someone has an exact way of doing this that works please post it here cause it would solve a lot for me. Cheers vince
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I wouldn't suggest it, not just because of impedance mismatching and electronics involved but also the microphone input is only mono. I would recommend one of the doc connector microphones that also have a line input, then it is no problem to grab a stereo line output from the console directly.
Herbert989

Post by Herbert989 »

Does the Alesis Jamdock work with MT and iPOD Touch 32GB, especially the Line-Inputs?
And how about SM PRO AUDIO DIDOCK BLACK?
Thanks you!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Herbert989 wrote:Does the Alesis Jamdock work with MT and iPOD Touch 32GB, especially the Line-Inputs?
And how about SM PRO AUDIO DIDOCK BLACK?
Thanks you!
If it's anything like the ProTrack, then it might not support full duplex audio. Do you already own a jamdock?
Herbert989

Post by Herbert989 »

pwnified wrote: If it's anything like the ProTrack, then it might not support full duplex audio. Do you already own a jamdock?
Thanks for the instant reply, no I haven´t got the Jamdock, I was just curious if that might work, since there seems to be no available options for a line-in at the moment.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I have an email into Alesis asking about this, I'll post more info when I get it.
Herbert989

Post by Herbert989 »

thank you very much!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It looks like the Alesis JamDock can't even record at all. It's meant for jamming along to tunes on your iPod.
Herbert989

Post by Herbert989 »

this sounds pretty useless to me.
sorry for that!
rico75

Post by rico75 »

Hello!

I've just figured out how to monitor with headphones through the alesis protrack. Just click on the menu icon (right bottom corner of the multitrack app) and un-click "monitor input" and "auto input". It works just fine!

The app is great!