Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
anamarias

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by anamarias »

Can someone advice with any Input option for a sennheiser wired mic using my Ipad 3 and also a way to use headphone monitors at the same time. I don't need to plug anything else besides my mic since I plan to use tracks to record with.

I am hoping for something small and the best.

I dont want to spend a lot but if its costly, i want to take a look at it. I own a yeti and its heavy and an Alesis Dock doesn't fit my IPAD 3. I need to bring it with me while travelling as well. Any help will be awesome.

Thanks guys!
dollaz

Post by dollaz »

Hello ALL! Glad to be apart of this great community. Multitrack is by far my favorite app for recording music on the iphone.

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend the best Mic and/or audio interface for multitrack that's compatible with the iphone 4s in particular.

I own a xlr phantom powered condenser mic (Rode n1ta) already but i am willing to purchase a doc connection mic, etc ..if necessary.

I'm looking for something that has the best value for price.

I've found the Blue Mikey digital doc connector mic for $100 but it's not available until august 1, 2012 and i don't want to wait another 2-3 months for as i need something now. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated it. Thank You! :D
makwolven

Post by makwolven »

anyone used the Tascam iXZ? Would this be able to record in 24 bit? It looks useable with battery phantom power, guitar input and headphone out. I want it specifically to work with Multitrack DAW, the best recording app out there.
cheers
makwolven

Tascam iXZ review

Post by makwolven »

Well, I bought the Tascam iXZ and am very statisfied so far. Recorded a couple of guitar tracks with my acoustic k & k western mini pickup and it sounds great. Simple, inexpensive, it has phantom power for condenser mics and input to Multitrack DAW through the jack in and out. For me that means I can feed my iphone power when doing recording and not have to worry about battery life. Elegant easy solution. I guess I answered my own question.
DrApostropheX

Post by DrApostropheX »

Great news (for me anyway!): my ancient (2001/2002) Edirol UA-5 USB audio interface works with the iPad/MultitrackDAW. I had to flip the "Advanced" switch on the back to "Off" to use the more basic drivers, but it worked with the camera connection kit and without any USB hubs (powered or otherwise). This will give me 2 channels of 24-bit/48kHz (96kHz is only available with the Advanced drivers, so that's out) input and output to the iPad with some decent mic preamps and SPDIF/Coax digital input and output.
fantasyvn

Post by fantasyvn »

May I ask if any of these three interfaces work with MultitrackDaw?

Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Interface
Akai EIE
Roland Quad Capture

My sincere thanks for your kind advice.
scripsit

Post by scripsit »

Hi, I've just got hold of an iPad and the MultiTrack app. A big deal for me is being able to get files from the iPad onto my (PC) desktop easily through the wifi function. This is working well.

I'm trying to use a Zoom H2 with a powered USB hub and the camera connection kit as an external microphone when recording.

This works fine, but only in mono. Is there something I'm missing to get Multitrack to recognise the H2 as a stereo mike?
Billm67

Post by Billm67 »

I have had an IPAD 3 for several months. My M-Audio Fast Track Ultra does not work with the camera connector. Any chance of getting an updated list of available USB audio interfaces. A large number of the interfaces listed are no longer being made. I am looking for something that will allow me to record two mics simultaneously. This was the reason I bought multitrack DAW. I was thinking about the Lexicon Omega but had read in this thread that there were problems with this interface.

I just wanted to check which of the newer interfaces are working with the IPAD 3. I am also trying to buy an interface the is under the $200 mark.
Journojulz

More than six?

Post by Journojulz »

This app may save me from buying a Macbook - huzzah!

I have a M-audio fast track ultra (which isn't supported) and a Zoom H2N (which is), looking to get an iPad mini for live band recordings.

This thread is awesome for seeing what is supported and which isn't.

Thinking about the tascam US-800, but it does annoy me when they say "8 inputs", when 2 of em are sp-dif. If its already a digital signal, don't need to record it.

Might go for the Alesis I04 with the H2N....
martygras

Post by martygras »

I'm seeing several new interfaces being released, so It will be interesting to find out which ones are successful.

One problem is that every time Apple updates their iOS it messes with all of the existing audio interfaces using the 30 pin connector. Now we'll have to see if the lightning plug experiences the same issues.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.