Tascam US-800 (8 Inputs simultaneously)

How to use MultiTrack DAW
AndyO

Re: Tascam US-800

Post by AndyO »

I just got my us-800 and after a quick setup I came to realize that when you hookup a mono instrument lets say bass, i could only hear it on my left ear on channel one or right ear on channel 2 and so on, any thoughts? I Also got it to work via GarageBand and hooked up my Roland td6 drums through midi and it works great. I just wish daw would come up with a way to record midi files as an add-on, that would be awesome!
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

Musician's Friend is blowing them out at $100, down from $250.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

AndyO wrote: i could only hear it on my left ear on channel one or right ear on channel 2 and so on, any thoughts?
Use the spinner control on the large ARM button. You should create a new track, and set it to "Mono 1", "Mono 2", etc..., depending on which input you have plugged in.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

fgrittner wrote:Musician's Friend is blowing them out at $100, down from $250.
$100 bucks is a great deal for this interface. The only problems I've found is that sometimes the unit looses sync and has to be power cycled. I usually unplug the power from the wall and plug it back in, instead of the wearing out the power port on the unit (there is no power button). When connected to a computer (Macbook pro in my case) the whole computer needs to be rebooted when this happens, to get the unit to be recognized again.

I also found a way to change the direct monitoring by using the included software, the settings are retained when switching the unit from the comp to the iPad.
Anthograntho

Post by Anthograntho »

This is what exactly what I've been looking for. Problem is, none of the 10 online shops I have tried will ship to Australia.

Would it be out of line to ask if anyone can order one and ship it over to me? I'll pay for everything upfront, of course.

In my searches I found Music123 had them for $100 but also had a 15% discount using coupon code MEGA15. The coupon code wouldn't work for me but maybe that was because I'm in Australia.

So, can anyone help me out?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Anthograntho wrote:Would it be out of line to ask if anyone can order one and ship it over to me?
Try http://www.myus.com/.
They do exactly this and are quite well established. Pretty surprising that nobody ships to ozz though.
Anthograntho

Post by Anthograntho »

Ah, I feel a bit embarrassed to have asked now. Myus.com is the way forward.
AndyO

Post by AndyO »

pwnified wrote:
AndyO wrote: i could only hear it on my left ear on channel one or right ear on channel 2 and so on, any thoughts?
Use the spinner control on the large ARM button. You should create a new track, and set it to "Mono 1", "Mono 2", etc..., depending on which input you have plugged in.
You know I did that but I still get just one ear on a mono input. It's like it's on stereo pairings, but maybe I have to set it up via computer and also do the monitor.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Version 3.1.4 on the app store now supports 8 inputs simultaneously. Gets yours today! :D
ddp

Post by ddp »

That's great, Thks!

Any future plans to have 4 or 8 Outs too?